Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Tractor Stool

Here is one of my new pieces of furniture I have started building out of junk materials and found objects. I got this idea a few years ago after waking up to find a new set of speaker stands in my living room. I thought I had dreamed about it at first, but when I woke up one afternoon to start my day, walking out to the living room to check my email, and thinking to myself how nice that would have been if they were real. Maybe one day I will build some stands. Well it wasn’t a dream; I got up in the middle of the night, cut the wood, built the stands, painted them then went back to bed.

This isn’t the first time that has happened, as soon as I can get my hands on an image of a four by four foot illustration I framed one night in what I thought was a dream I will post it.

The bass of the stool is from a draft beer tap I got from a bar we were rebuilding, I think it belongs to a Fosters tap, so I feel good about dismantling it. The bar for the back rest was given to me by a Fembot that goes by the name Brian. The round handle was a gift from a man named Flavio (if that is his real name) and the tractor stool I found out west in Calgary a few years ago. I left it in my friend’s trunk and it stayed there for almost another year until he showed up in Toronto for a vacation and handed it to me, by that point I had totally forgotten about it, so it was kind of like getting a nice present from Wick, as opposed to all that junk he gives me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home